CONTESTANT CALLS + AUDIENCE INFORMATION

*DEAL OR NO DEAL (US)
*DEAL OR NO DEAL AUDIENCE (US)
*SET FOR LIFE
*SHOW ME THE MONEY
*ONE VERSUS 100 (US)
*ONE VERSUS 100 (UK)
*WHO WANTS TO BE A
MILLIONAIRE

*JEOPARDY!
*JEOPARDY! AUDIENCE
*WHEEL OF FORTUNE
*WHEEL OF FORTUNE AUDIENCE
*THE PRICE IS RIGHT (UK)
*THE PRICE IS RIGHT (US)
*FAMILY FEUD AUDIENCE
*PRODUCERS: GET YOUR SHOW LISTED! CLICK HERE!

SCHEDULE
  • Jeopardy! M-F, Check Local Listings
  • Wheel of Fortune M-F, Check Local Listings
  • Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? M-F, Check Local Listings
  • Family Feud M-F, Check Local Listings
  • Lingo M-F, 7-8 PM ET
  • I've Got A Secret M-F, 6:30 PM ET
  • Jeopardy! M-F, Check Local Listings
  • Chain Reaction Tue-Sat, 9 PM ET
  • StarFace Tue-Sat, 9 PM ET
  • Playmania Tue(Wed)-Sun(Mon) 1AM ET
  • High Stakes Poker M, 9 PM ET
  • World Series of Blackjack M, 10 PM ET
  • 88SLIDE M-F, CLICK HERE
  • A Bit of Explaining About Game Show Marathon
    Monday, June 05, 2006
    OK, after seeing quite a few nasty emails and comments, I thought I might explain. In the phrase "People better start watching and writing if they want their shows back", all I meant was that to make sure the shows were 100% coming back, they would have to do terrific in the slots, probably "Deal or No Deal" level. They are getting about 1 point better than half of "Deal"'s ratings. Even a rerun of "Deal" beat GSM. We have been told by Fremantle, CBS, staff on the show, and many others that the fan's voices are what is going to play a part in what comes back. With ratings at 5.0 and around that level, fans are going to have to speak up if they want their shows. And yes, it is terrific that a younger demographic is watching the show. That says volumes.

    I think I might have dug myself into a hole with the Ricki Lake comment. So far, the show's tournament format has really hurt some of the gameplay, like in "Let's Make A Deal". Even Kathy didn't play for some reason. There has been choppy editing and the celebrities are, at least to me, trying to just steal the entire show instead of doing what they were hired to do: play the game. "Price" was nothing special to me, if I ever wanted to watch "Price", I can see that same thing except more put together in the afternoons. "Let's Make A Deal" was boring to me because of "Deal or No Deal". After she got rid of some of the jitters, she really improved about 20 minutes into the show. That may be too late for some, but not for me. I think she will shine on shows that are less demanding like "Beat the Clock" and "Press Your Luck", possibly even "Family Feud". Let's be honest, she can't be that much worse than Richard Karn. I do appreciate the feedback, though. It at least lets me know that you guys read.
    posted by Alex Davis * Permalink 
    3 Comments:
    • Permalink, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Hey! I was a little bad at Feud but Ricki may be an impovement of Louie Anderson.

       
    • Permalink, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I do have to say that Ricki Lake is hosing the show as if it were her old talk show, and I DEFINATLY agree that the editing is bad, along with bad balancing of audince sound with host/celeb sound. Again, as a lot of us are saying, they should have started out with a NON-FAMILIAR gameshow to get things started, the ratings would have soared for LMAD and for episodes to come, in my opinion.

       
    • Permalink, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      It also seems CBS has scaled back on promotion/teases for the show as well. Haven't seen many this week touting "Beat the Clock" and "Press Your Luck"

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    CONTACT INFORMATION
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    DJD Presentations

    FLASHGames^2